Wednesday, January 27, 2010

AM week 503

Munich is all snowy again! Wohooo, it just looks so nice getting up in the morning, looking out the window and finding everything white.

Here is my final dialogue assignment with refined lipsync and face animation. One can keep working on those details forever, but I'll leave it like this for now and move on to the next shot. I wouldn't have that much time for a shot in an actual production environment anyways.

As always, feedback is much appreciated :)





This week's featured artbook is "The Disney Villain" by Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston, which I only got recently. It's been out of print for a while and it's full of great info about villainous characters in Disney movies, and contains tons of sketches and artwork. Within the 230 pages there is also information about many animators who dealt with villains, like Glen Keane, Andreas Deja or Milt Kahl. If you can find it for an acceptable price (and in good condition), it's really worth it!!
There is even an edition that is signed by the authors :)

3 comments:

  1. Man this has turned out great man.. You did such a great job making her feel real and connected to the audio.. I think in terms of the lip sync the only bit that felt a little flat or soft was on the "...I know I know.." Maybe take a look and see if you can emphasis it a bit more. Its hard to pin point it here as I can't frame by frame it. I think it need a little more punch..

    I hope all is well with you man.. I'm looking forward to seeing your next acting piece..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Thomas, this shot is getting better and better. One of my favourite AM acting shots I've seen around! The book is great as well. I read it a few years ago when I had to to a talk about an animation related topic at the university and it was more than helpful. Please keep on giving those book reviews, they are fun to read and very informative! See ya around,
    Claudi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, this is such an amazing shot! Awesome work, as always, Tommi!

    ReplyDelete

Animation Mentor Webring

Powered by WebRing.