Tuesday, May 19, 2009

AM week 207

Time for another quick update with the final version of my Parkour shot as well as the planning for my current assignment, where I wanted to do something more cartoony. So the last scene for "Body Mechanics 1" will be a run-in, then the character will reverse direction and run back the way he came from.

I shot some video-reference for it, but couldn't really perform the broad actions I want to animate, so this time I'll rely more on my thumbnails and imagination and use the video-reference as more of an inspiration and for analyzing basic physicality.

As additional reference I watched some Warner Brothers Cartoons featuring While E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny. There I found many very cool moments, where the characters skid on their heels, jump up, reverse direction, hover in the air running before the friction takes effect and they speed off screen. I'd like to do something like that, mainly in order to learn more about cartoony animation.

Parkour Polishing




Run + Reverse Planning


As usual, comments are welcome! I will most likely change the heavy ball that falls in to a mummy coming out of the treasure chest, because that will work better with the timing.

Have a nice week everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animation Mentor Webring

Powered by WebRing.