Saturday, May 30, 2009

AM week 208

Hey everybody!

Here is the blocking for my new assignment, which I chose because I want to learn more about cartoony animation. Hmm, right now I'm detailing the blocking and I'm realizing that it's more difficult than I expected :) The action may look pretty simple, but stuff like staggers or cartoony jumps aren't so easy to get right, especially if you're used to a more realistic type of animation. But that's why I'm doing this whole course, to learn about the aspects of animation I know almost nothing about. It can be frustrating if it doesn't work, but that's an important part of the learning process...

Ok, so here we go, rough blocking:



My mentor asked me to change the camera if possible, so the next version will have a closer camera angle.

If you haven't seen it yet, definitely check out the new Toy Story 3 Teaser, which is really cool and sweet. The Toy Story films are among my favourite CG-movies and were one of the reasons I wanted to become an animator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animation Mentor Webring

Powered by WebRing.